Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day #1 - root bridge and VLAN path

It's about the time to start again the CCIE journey that I've skipped for quite a while. Unfortunately I have to start everything again from zero. The good news, I think that I can start quicker at this time. I used to spend more time on GNS3, but at this time this is not an issue anymore.

Well, today I've started with some bridging configuration. And I decided to write all notes here to help me remembering the lesson

Q: How to configure a switch to be root bridge
A: Here are some items that I noticed

  • configure at the global configuration
  • command is spanning-tree vlan XXX root primary

Q: how to prevent VLAN traverse to a switch?
A: Here are the noted points

  • by restricting the VLAN on the interface level
  • use switchport command

Enough for today. Will continue tomorrow.

No comments: